2.11.10

Dialogues for Grade 1, Chapter 11

A: What’s your hobby?
B: I enjoy painting.
A: Really?!  Me too.  Who’s your favourite painter?
B: Michelangelo.  Who’s yours?
A: Leonardo da Vinci.
                                                                  
                       
A: What are you doing?
B: I'm going to watch Terminator on DVD.
A: The TV's on the wrong channel, isn't it?
B: Yes, it is. Can you change the channel, please?
A: No problem.

A: What are you doing?
B: I'm reading the Lord of the Rings.
A: It's very dark in here, isn't it?
B: Yes, it is.  Can you turn on the light, please?
A: No problem.



A: Is this your new bike?
B: Yes, it is.  Do you like it?
A: It looks great.  Do you enjoy bike riding?
B: Yes, I do.
A: I also enjoy bike riding.
B: Let's go bike riding together.
A: Okay.

1 comment:

  1. The question 'What are your hobbies?' is used in written interviews.

    Examples of written interviews are application forms to join the army, application forms to become a student at university, and forms with questions about your health.

    When speaking, people often ask "What do you do in your spare time?"

    "What do you do in your spare time" = "What are your hobbies?"

    "spare time" = time when you are not working, at school, or doing homework.

    ReplyDelete